Note: Scroll to the bottom of this article for a map of the breakfast stations and afternoon beer deal locations.
Commuters across Colorado Springs will trade four wheels for two Wednesday for the 25th annual Bike to Work Day, the capstone of Colorado Bike Month.
Bicyclists registered with the City of Colorado Springs will have access to breakfast stations between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. along the city's trail network and at local businesses, including Ivywild, Over Easy and Buffalo Lodge.
For the commute home, breweries and bars will offer reduced price and, in some cases, free beer.
Bike to Work Day is a staple of Colorado Bike Month. Other events included Sunday family bike rides, mountain bike rides hosted by the Women's Mountain Biking Association of Colorado Springs and Hump Day group rides on Wednesdays with Criterium Bicycles.
"We can't just be promoting the one day for people to bike to work," said the city's senior bicycle planner, Kate Brady. "Maybe you can bike to get a pint or a coffee, go to the playground or the library. There's value in people, families, biking to more places than just work.
To register for Bike to Work Day, go to www.coloradosprings.gov/bikes/article/calendar-event/bike-work-day.
Plus ... these afternoon commute beer deals
· Atrevia Brewery, 10% if you ride
· FH Beerworks, $1 off
· Fossil Brewing, $1 off first beer
· Goat Patch Brewing Company, $1 off pints
· Gold Camp Brewing Co., ½ price pint with purchase of pint
· Local Relic, free pint if you ride
· Peaks N Pines Brewing Co., $2 off pints
· Piglatin Cocina, $2 tacos and Tecates for riders
· Phantom Canyon Brewing Co., 1 free beer (must present helmet)
· Red Leg Brewing Company, $1 off pints
· Smiling Toad Brewing Co., $1 off a pint
· Storybook Brewing Co., BOGO, 1st pint
· Tap Traders, happy hour prices for riders, plus 10% off food
· Trails End Taproom, 20% off beer wall
· Whistle Pig Brewing, BOGO